The Catechism of the Catholic Church lists five effects of this outpouring (see CCC 1303):
1. It affirms our identity as children of God (“divine filiation”).
2. It unites us more firmly to Christ.
3. It increases in us the Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
4. It strengthens our bond with the Church.
5. It strengthens us to spread and defend the Faith by our words and actions, to be fearless witnesses to Christ and the power of the cross.
While we receive the Holy Spirit in Baptism, the Sacrament of Confirmation completes our initiation into the church and provides us with a deeper encounter with the Holy Spirit than ever before. It is through Confirmation that we are fully initiated as Disciples of Christ.
The Confirmation Program is a two-year program. Click here to view the Parent Guide for Confirmation.